Wednesday, April 11, 2018

"A Hierarchy of Needs for People With Diabetes"

Earlier today, I posted a tweet in response to an Eli Lilly tweet that mentioned equity and fairness.








Laura Marston suggested an amazing idea for a cool advocacy graphic, based on that tweet.




So...I went ahead and made one, with some input from @iamsqueeisback and others :-)








This image is adapted from FireflySixtySeven's original .svg creation for Wikipedia, depicting Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs. (Thank you, Psychology 101 🤓😎.) That image was shared under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license, which means that I can share and adapt the image, as long as I give appropriate credit, indicate whether changes have been made, and release the image under the same license as the original. Done, done, and done ;-)

Get in touch with me by Twitter or blog comments (I should get an email notification for those, but I don't think that anyone has left a comment here, yet) if you want the .png file, or my .svg file.



[Update: 6/22/2018]
I was very gratified when Renza informed me that this image was being used at the 78th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association in Orlando. I thought that was so cool!! 🤓

Thanks also to Amy Tenderich for using it with attribution.




[Update: 3/20/2019]

It has come to my attention via Twitter that another hierarchy of needs for diabetes was previously created in 2013 (full paper here).

 

I truly appreciate the friends (Melinda Wedding in particular) who stood up against possible plagiarism on my behalf. Thank you! 💙

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it polite, yo. (No guarantee I will see your comment.)